It is highly recommended that our Sibelius loudspeakers are mounted on their bespoke stands. Made from 5mm thick high grade steel, finished with a satin black powder coated lacquer, the stands have six primary functions:
- Increasing stability. Especially on an uneven or soft floor covering
- Forming an acoustic bridge, allowing for a free flow of air between enclosure and floor (especially important on hollow or wooden floors)
- Reducing loading on the rear terminals by offering support for heavy speaker cables via the Velcro clamps on the raised back plate
- Keeping the enclosures upright in all directions on an uneven floor
- Allowing slight, front to back, tilt for fine tuning of speaker positioning
- Restricting the chance of damage to the base of the enclosures from vacuum cleaners, floor mops, children’s toys and accidental flooding or damp, or simply getting kicked!
Sibelius Stands Dimensions:
- 440mm X 380mm X 330mm
- Weight 6kgs (each)
For customers with flat wooden, stone or tiled floors, our Belgian Blue stone plinths give a simpler look and feel to the installation. Dating from the middle Paleozoic era (+/-300M years ago) Belgian bluestone is a fascinating limestone, filled with clearly visible fossils. Our bluestone plinths are cut, polished, using what is commonly known as a ‘salt glaze’ finish.
- 235mm X 280mm X 45mm
- Weight 7.5kgs (each)